The Perfect "TEACHER" Printer

Hello there!
After posting pictures of printed products i've purchased from TPT, i've recieved tons of questions about my printer. So, here goes:

Best. Investment. EVER.


Last year I searched through hundreds of printers to try and find the perfect printer for my teaching needs. 
What is the perfect printer? 
1. One that doesn't waste tons of ink
2. One with CHEAP ink replacement 
3. Produces high quality printables

Printed using Brother MFCJ450DW Wireless with Scanner, Copier and Fax Inkjet Printer

(Alphabet chart from my TPT shop


This is the Brother printer I purchased from Amazon. I had never heard of the brand before, but I decided to give it a try. It was about $100 when I originally purchased it last year. Right now, it's $75. #deal


The best part about this printer is that it is compatible with any generic ink brand! This 10 pack is only $18.99 on Amazon! (This is the ink I always buy)



This ink lasts FOREVER! I print EVERYTHING in color because I hate plain looking... (What teacher does?) 
It will say "Low on Ink" for a while, but will still print high quality materials. 

I definitely recommend it. :)
Hope this post was helpful!



post signature

14 comments

  1. Thank you so much!! I now know what I will buy this summer! ! Been looking forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I now know what I will buy this summer! ! Been looking forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. does this printer work well with cardstock paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. I haven't had a problem printing on cardstock. :)

      Delete
  4. I stumbled on your post and have been in the market for a new printer with all the color I print as a teacher!! A year later are you still happy with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am! Their customer service is also amazing. I recently had a problem with it where it didn't want to print for some weird reason. I called in and they guided me step by step. They even sent me free ink just because. :)

      Delete
  5. I bought this printer and have only one problem with it, that sometimes there are horizontal and vertical lines that appear and distort the use of my black ink...has that happened to you? And any suggestions on how to deal with that? I frequently find myself cleaning and realigning often...not sure what to do. Help, Please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm... I haven't had that problem. But as I stated above, their customer service is amazing. I called it and they guided me step-by-step to help me fix a problem I had with it. I'm sure if you call in, they can help you fix that. :)

      Delete
  6. I also have this printer but I can't get my tpt things to turn out vibrant like yours appear to be. Any suggestions on what I might need to do? Everything is very dull, blacks look more grayish. Please help! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try printing on the quality setting of 'best'. I usually do this with the images I care more about. It takes a bit longer to print, but it's worth it.

      Delete
  7. Yari, thank you for sharing your experience. I am a middle school Spanish teacher and although we are a 1:1 school, printable, colorful manipulatives never go out of style. You saved me a ton of time. Thank you so very much and Happy New Year to you!!!
    Jannine M. (NJ )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for give me this information really this product is very effective.
    HP OJ4630

    ReplyDelete

  9. Hi
    nice blog
    Get a Free Diagnostic Evaluation
    If you face problem while operating the printer
    Call us on our Toll Free number +1-855-517-2433
    For more information visit our site Printer support

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top