July's Pick 3--Top Pinterest Picks!

Even though it's summer, it's really hard to turn my teacher brain off. One of the major causes for this issue--Pinterest. I don't know what teachers (or people in general) did before Pinterest existed. 
I've spent my summer searching for classroom ideas, decorations, & organizational tips. 
If you don't follow my Pinterest account-- Follow HERE
This month's "Top 3 Pinterest Picks" includes 3 ideas that i've pinned this summer which I plan incorporate into my classroom.

I found this amazing blog post written by Sandy at Soaring Through Second about using Google Forms as a way of tracking parent/student contact information at the beginning of the year. It is pure GENIUS! I don't know about ya'll, but I always find myself chasing after students at the beginning of the year to return all of their emergency contact paper work. Using Google Forms, you simply provide parents a link and they can quickly fill out the paper work on their iPhone or computer. It keeps all of the information organized for you in columns such as: Parent Name, Phone Number, Allergies, Address, etc. I might even set up a computer "station" during parent night at the beginning of the year. That way parents that don't have access to a computer can fill out the documents on the spot!

My supply list this year will include these four highlighters. How awesome is this idea?! I usually ask my students to underline the question, circle key words, and box the information that proves their answer. These highlighters are like a little "Close Reading Kit" and I LOVE it! You can grab the labels for free HERE

Transitioning into Common Core and new state testing, I find that the most difficult part for my kiddos is writing down their evidence and explaining it. I love this bulletin board with sentence stems! It's perfect to help get them started on explaining their answers. I had a similar anchor chart last year, but this one if just fabulous and colorful! (Goes perfect with those highlighters up there) 

Check out some other great pins below! 

8 comments

  1. Great pins! Love the labeled highlighters and showing evidence bulletin board. They will be perfect for increasing the rigor with my kiddos next year. Thanks for sharing your great finds.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely love the google form idea and it's on my list of things to do! I also love the highlighters to help students. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saved the Google Forms idea....genius! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/147070744060065273/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the highlighter labels. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the close reading highlighters and the sentence stems! Genius! Thank you so much for sharing and linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yari,
    Thank you so much for the shout-out and link to my highlighter labels! I love your blog! :)
    Stephanie
    First Grade Bangs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU so much for sharing such a great idea & for the labels! :)

      Delete
  7. I like your poster about Transitioning into Common Core. It's brilliant!
    Patty
    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top